Home - k8tography Project 365

Sunday, January 9, 2011

7/365 - I can see clearly now (not!)

7/365/2011

(Canon 50D, Sigma 10-20mm Wide Angle Lens)




Still in Rosebud and at sunset. I was taking photos of the sunset when I had to push my sunglasses to the top of my head. When I did that, I realised that the sunset looked much more spectacular through my sunglasses than without. So, along came this brilliant idea - put the sunglasses on the camera! Why not? Well, one reason not to - it is basically impossible. Cameras do not have ears. They have a nose but no ears. Difficult.

Son #2 (Zed) held them in front of the camera. He held them crookedly (very very difficult to get good, free help these days!) so I held them in front of the camera and took the photo. Perfect! (of course!)

Love how this turned out with a bit of over processing and cropping. One of my favourite images this year!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me laugh. Truly. It sounds like me. I am always saying to my family, "Oh wow! Isn't the color of the sky unbelievable?" I get, "Uh...I guess so." Then, I realize that my sunglasses are additing a little bit to my image. We always have a sunglass swap in the car so that I can share what I am seeing. I love this photo Kate! I often thought about "sunglassing" my camera too. Great minds think alike. But, one of us is a slacker, and one of us (judging by this marvelous shot) is not!! ;)

    ReplyDelete


Reading your comments make me Happy.